Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Work Bikes and Trikes


Worksman Utility Front Loader Tricycle
 Is this a Bike or a Trike? It has 3 wheels but most Tricycles I have seen have two rear wheels and one front wheel. This has two front wheels. I'll say it is a Trike. Actually it is a Work Trike with that large front pan over the two front wheels. I suppose he turns it with that bar and both wheels turn on one straight axel. It doesn't look very easy to turn especially if a heavy package was on it. Apparently it has a rear wheel brake inside the hub. I hate to be carrying a safe and going down a steep hill! [or up one for that matter] Have to triple the usual delivery fee. The steering bar looks like it has a bell on it to warn whoever is in the way. I like those heavy-duty springs under the seat. I'm certain it said "American Workbike" on the frame but I cant seem to find it in Google. But here is a nice wiki-link on Work-Bikes and Trikes.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freight_bicycle In the Good Old Days,before motorized vehicles, people used work bikes and trikes to carry things across the factory or shop floor or across town. Today most Trikes or Bikes carry our kids around, plus those little trailors with the little one or 2 seaters that hookup to your bike. I wonder if you can special order a 3 seat trailor in case you have triplets? This is Jimio saying "Ride Safe-Ride Fun-Ride for Health" P.S. I found the Company and Website. Its "Worksman Cycles" since 1898 built in Ozone Park NY USA  http://www.worksman.com/

1 comment:

  1. At the rate things are going with the economy, we will all be riding around on work bikes!

    ReplyDelete