Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Be Prepared

New Pedaler I met that Loves to ride the Trails
While pedaling downtown Jackson I ran into [not literally] this bicyclist who happens to ride on the Falling Waters Trail. As you can see she is well prepared to ride. Water  bottles,saddlebags and a front handlebar bag allows for plenty of storage space. Tools that can remove a flat tire and put on a new inner tube can save a long walk. A few First-Aid items can ease the pain and make the ride home more bareable. I'm sure she also has room for some cookies and fruit to munch on while surveying the wonderful scenery. With more energy from eating, you can concentrate better on the Trail and have quicker reaction time to avoid accidents. I see a rear-view mirror on the handlebar and a helmet on her head. Very safety conscience. I dont carry any bags because I am concerned with weight which means I can travel farther without totally collapsing, plus the bags add to wind resistance. People would probably steal my bags while I/m visiting my freindly local party store anyways. I don't have a rear-view mirror because I might need to go through tight spaces and I don't like knowing who is behind me. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised. The only piece of equipment I must have on every ride is my camera. It permanently records a memory seen through the lense of a pedaler and later I try to describe that memory. Here's to a Long Ride down Memory Lane/Path/Trail *Cheers* -Jimio

No comments:

Post a Comment