Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Pedaling Army Grows

A Tree makes an excellent Bike-Rack
I saw this bicycle while pedaling around today. A nice cheap efficient mode of transportation. It appears to be a Huffy Bike. Has the basket on the handelbars to carry milk, groceries, and booze. Don't drink the booze till you get home! There are even 2 tie-down stretchy cords to secure the packages in place. I noticed the the chain is extremely rusty. I'm surprised it doesnt snap off. I like to oil my chain regularly which makes it very quiet. Easy to sneek up on wild animals like deer and groundhogs. I see the bike also has shocks on the front fork. That must give smoother rides over bumps and cracks but I wonder how long the shocks really work before they wear out? I also see the bike has big knobs on the tires which can help during winter riding. I am seeing more bikes on the roads these days. It maybe due to people not being able to afford a car or more people are getting their license revoked for drunk driving. You still can get arrested for drunk bicycling so dont think that you can still get away with drinking and driving or drinking and pedalling. I can't stress this enough: Pedalers are no match vs an Automobile, so we must be as careful and as defensive as we can be and in a sober state of healthy alertness. If you think the car does not see you then stop. Give the car the right of way if you must. Your life may be saved by it. If at all possible yell, or wave your arms to get a drivers attention. It beats getting run over. This is Jimio saying - Ride Safe, Ride Defensive, Ride Free and above all Ride Happy [To Paradise]

No comments:

Post a Comment