Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Neat Little Safety Tip

This bike is ready for anything
This is the bike that the Boss of the Bike Union rides to work. I told him I ride my bike all year around and he said he did also. I can tell this bike does not have all its orginal parts. He must have taken a few old bikes that didnt run and put all the best equipment on one bike. Notice that he has 2 locks. One is a Kryptonite Lock and the other is a wire cable with a master lock. I suppose the U-Lock is for hooking up fast at a bike rack, while the cable is used for wrapping it around signs or poles or trees where no access to bike racks exist. The real interesting part of this bike is the red tape wrapped around the tubing. Im guessing that is reflective tape, and when a car approaches from a 90 degree angle on a side street, the car can see this tape very well. The spoke reflectors are suppose to warn cars of a bike just up ahead but they are not seen too well in dawn or dusk situations. This tape resolves that issue. Pedal Fun ** Pedal Safe -Jimio

1 comment:

  1. Jimio, you should go help this guy every once in a while by working someone elses bike down there at the Bike Union! You might even find a bike part or two taht you could use!I think that is very kewl! I wonder if there is anything like that around the chicago area.

    ReplyDelete