Thursday, September 1, 2011

Love Meeting Other Bikers

Two Dedicated Pedallers
As I was cruising around town on Betty Lou, I happened to notice two guys taking a break. At first I thought the black bike was a tandem but low and behold it is a 2-wheel recumbent. The owner says the shield on the front helps cut through the wind and it also helps keep cold air off of him. The shield is made of a soft plastic and will "give" in the event of a spill or crash so is less likely to break or shatter. I lifted up the other guy's trek bike and it was like holding up a feather compared to the tank weight of my bike Betty Lou. If you look closely under the top bar of the recumbent bike, there is a hand -pump to inflate a new inner tube in the case of a flat. A necessity on 100 mile tours! This is Jimio saying *Ride Happy* *Ride Safe*

No comments:

Post a Comment