Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Trail Obsevations

This man said he was 83 in pretty good shape

Betty Lou

View of the Lush Greenery


Recumbant Bike
 I noticed a few things while riding on the Trails. One thing is not all people want their picture taken. Some were polite about it while others were rude and just kept on riding by. I would try to say "hello" to everyone I saw. Some said "hi" back and some did not. I figured some had earphones and were listening to music so I knew they were not rude [that I know of] The 83 year old man said he'd been riding for 2 years. I guess it's never too late to start. The pic of Betty Lou is my mountain bike. Had her for 4 years now. I put new tires on her. I think the original tires were on her because the tread was peeling off and the inner tube was bulging out in places. Also 1 pedal broke off but I had to buy both pedals in a package set new, as the guy at Barbers Bike Shop didn't have any used pedals that fit. I'm worried about the shifter cables, they don't seem to want to move anymore. Oh well, I like riding in one low gear it's easier to pedal and I try to stay on mostly flat terrain. A lot of riders said "On your Left" as they passed me to let me know they were there. One guy had this funny sounding horn. It tooted low enough not to startle me which is nice. Everyone rode like cars do, on the right side and you passed on the left. I saw another guy taking pics also but he seemed more interested in Lime Lake pics than of us people. I found it very lucky to come across a Recumbent Rider on my first time on Falling Waters Trail. It gives me hope that a few other Recumbents will be comming down the trail soon. The Recumbent guy said he used to ride a regular bike but it hurt his derriere too much. He rode many 100 mile days and his legs showed  many rippling muscles. He said it is harder to pedal because he doesn't have gravity from his body to push down on the pedals. I hope to find a softer seat soon because after 27 miles, my "Heiney" was aching something fierce and I would never survive 100 miles with my behind "On Fire".

No comments:

Post a Comment