Friday, June 17, 2011

Reaching The Goal

Working on improving the Park


I Made It!


Rode around the town a bit before heading back
 I did it! I made the entire Falling Waters Trail on my first time on it. Its not real long [10.5 miles] and I didn't go very fast and being very smooth and flat sure helped also. Not one hill did I see nor any glass on the trail or any strange animal to contest my forward motion. I thought going to Concord was rather easy but then I found out why. There was a slight breeze helping me along. When I started heading back I felt the headwind. It was small but enough to slow an old man of 56 down. My only salvation was to think of the cantaloupe I had waiting in the fridge and the ice tea I was going to guzzle down. Always think of incentives to help your riding abilities. =B-] Once in a while a ChipMonk would scurry out in front of me, then scream and get out of the way of my front tire just in the nick of time. This one odd bird sat on the trail and let me ride right past him. I'm not sure if the bird was in a daze or was playing chicken with me but I think it was a draw. Neither of us gave ground. Half way through my ride I started whistleling bird calls to see if they would answer me. The birds just kept on doing their own timed calls. They didn't seem to care about me. I saw one Woodchuck. He waited untill I was about 200 feet from him , then he lumbered off into the thick brush. There were lots of swamps along the trail and the frogs were croaking to beat the band. One could almost fall asleep while riding if done corrrectly. Next time out I'll try my raccoon call.

No comments:

Post a Comment