Saturday, November 3, 2012

Tools of the Trade

Jimio's assorted Bike Tools
I had a high school friend who was into bicycle racing and he helped me pick out the tools I needed to take my 74 Fuji Finest apart. Jeff had a 1974 Raleigh racing bicycle, silver blue, a real beauty. My Fuji was white so i had it painted blue-green. When I got my tools we took my bike apart and greased all the bearings. It was fun but I wish I had a camera then to show all the parts spread out all over his basement floor. Jeff won a few trophies and medals but I never got enough discipline to get into racing. It takes a huge amount of dedication and I was just happy enough putting around at 15 mph checking out the countryside as well as the urban lifeforms. I must admit that the pipe wrench in the photo is not a true bicycle tool, but it comes in handy for rusted bike posts and handlebar stems. -Jimio saying *Ride Safe* *Ride for Fun* and *Ride Prepared*

2 comments:

  1. Nice set of bike tools! I need to get a few more tools like that for the bike repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I've seen some fancy swiss knife type bycicle multitools, but I'm not sure if they are really useful. Eventually I'll buy one, but not before I get a full regular tool set.

    ReplyDelete