Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thumbs-Up for Pedaling!

Guy I met at Cascades Falls Park
This man came out to Cascades Falls to see the fireworks on July 3rd. He used to live in Michigan but lives down south now. I think he was visiting relatives in town. I could tell he was enjoying himself as was I. Nothing like getting exercise and getting around faster than walking. It was a rather hot and humid evening with the temps still hovering in the high 80s by 9 pm. I probably circled the park 20 times looking at all the different people walking around, sitting on picnic tables, sitting on the lawn, walking dogs or carrying tiny dogs in their purses. A few even sat in the back of pickup trucks. A few even played lawn darts [these had no sharp points on the end]. The band near the Falls played all the old hits [Black Magic Woman-Magic Carpet Ride-Taking Care of Business-Radar Love] I almost felt I was transported back to 60s and 70s! It took forever to get dark, I'd say the fireworks didn't go off till 10 pm. The Moon was Full and Love was in the air judging by all the teenagers holding hands. Even a few ancient moldy oldy grownups held hands but I suspect that was more out of nostalgia over the Cascades Falls than over some explosive hormonal thing. This is Jimio saying *Ride for Fun* *Ride for Health* *Ride for the Memories* cause we ain't getting any younger. =B-]

No comments:

Post a Comment